How to Export DCIM from GoPro Cameras
- UUID: de8c75d8-8e38-49a8-9a5d-1aa62b2c5501
- Keywords: GoPro, Video Export
I have got my GoPro HERO10 Black and started to take some video with it. I mainly use MacBook Pro (macOS) as production computer.
According to GoPro Support article [How To Import Camera Files To A Computer Mac], there are 3 ways to do the export, viz.,
- Use Quik for Desktop (which is outdated as of 202208)
- Use an SD Card Adapter
- Use Image Capture
What is the reality?
- Quik for Mac fails to recognize the existance of video on GoPro HERO10 Black (maybe because of the fact of being legacy and outdated)
SD Card Adapter is not so convenient because of the uninstalling and installing process
Image Capture fails to recognize the existance of video on GoPro HERO10 Black (although the device is recognizable)
So as a result, there is no officially given convenient way to export DCIM from GoPro Cameras because of the buggy software implementation on GoPro cameras.
What other ways work?
More or less, I got suprised that GoPro cameras are in fact also Android devices when the Android File Transfer pops up at the time I connected my GoPro camera to my MacBook Pro.
GoPro team is good at making proper cameras but is not sufficient at making non-camera-centric software.
* cached version, generated at 2022-08-06 14:06:27 UTC.
Subscribe by RSS